Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Ok, ok... New Blog

Hi. My wife really wants me to post a new blog b/c I guess its been a little while. The trouble is I've been so busy lately that I haven't really kept up with the news so, I can't comment on current events, and the several things I've been reading and studying about I haven't finished yet... so I can't comment on those either. But there is one thing I can comment about...

I miss my family!!!

Yes, my fantastically gorgeous wife and most wonderful son is away from home this week; they're in N.C. visiting family... and boy do I miss them!! I like a quiet house, but this is too quiet! I come home from working or anywhere and usually (if I time it right) I open the door to "Daddy's home!"... and Caleb running towards me with a big smile. I miss that! I miss seeing my wife's beautiful smile and gorgeous eyes... I miss Caleb grabbing my leg. I miss eating one of my wife's great dinners... I miss Caleb cramming his face with hands. I'm not depressed or anything... I'm just really ready to have my family back home with me.

I'm an extremely blessed man. God has given me a simply beautiful wife, whose heart and spirit is just as beautiful as her appearance, who I adore with every fiber of my being. And God has given me a wonderful little boy, whose smile is the joy of my heart, who I love more than my own life. Yep... God has been more than gracious to me. But most of all, God has given me true LIFE... by the shed blood of His Son, He has offered me complete and total pardon for my sins... and I now rest joyfully in the knowledge that God is my Father and that no matter what happens, I will always be His child.

Good Night.

6 comments:

Gone Fishin' said...

Thanks, Travis. I've been so brain-busy today with silly thoughts of theology. I barely stopped and thought about REAL things. The basics are best, aren't they?

Drea said...

awe thats so sweet hun :-) thank you. One more day and I'll be there! To bad Caleb will be ready to go to bed by the time I get home. He is all yours the next day though.

Love you,
Andrea

Tidy Bowl said...

Dude... I know a few guys who could stand a few lessons from you in "how to be a man of God"...

Stephanie said...

Aww how sweet! =)

Travis or P.T. said...

thanks Tidy.. & Steph...
Just being honest. :)

DA said...

Your gratefulness and family love ar an example for all of us. Thx for sharing.