Sunday, May 14, 2006

A Tribute to One Amazing Mom: My Wife

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When so many of her peers are studying for finals and looking forward to the ending of another semester, my wife has a calling that is without end.

When so many of her peers are partying and enjoying days of limited responsibility, my wife has one of highest callings of responsibility known to man.

When so many of her peers are off traveling to exotic places and experiencing new things, my wife is the consistent bedrock of our home, that makes for a happy and secure refuge.

When so many of her peers are being recognized for their outstanding achievements with robes and tassels, my wife is content with the favor and smile of God and the gratitude of two very grateful men in her life…

What does my wife do? She is a Christian Mother!

This post this week is to say thank you to my beautiful wife…
Thank you, Sweetheart for making this house a home… a place that is always warm and inviting and enjoyable.

Thank you, Sweetheart for all the care, nurture, protection, and training you give to our son… an absolutely vital and loving foundation that will serve him well all the days of his life.

Thank you, Sweetheart for the way that you tirelessly keep our home well-organized and clean… a place that is peaceful, relaxing, and always open to friends.

Thank you, Sweetheart for all the sacrifices that you have made in order to be here with me in Northern Ohio in order to be obedient to the call of God on our lives.

To: My Dearest Wife:
Let no one ever despise your youth for you are an amazing mother! I know I cannot give you everything you deserve, or always understand you in the ways you would like me to, but I can promise that I will love you all the seasons of my life and be thankful for the joys of sharing this life with you. Ever how many children the good Lord decides to give us, I am absolutely positive that one day all of them will gladly rise up and call you blessed! Truly, charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised!

Oh Lord, Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.

From your loving husband,
Travis

4 comments:

Drea said...

You know I loved this :-) Its something I really needed to hear.
love you Love,
Drea

Moo said...

this is absolutely beautiful - I am very touched by having read it and I hope others will be too!! I don't think that ALL women are called to this life but in a culture where sucess is measured by either looks or money it is SO refreshing to hear a man say such beautiful things about his wife and for all of the right reasons!!! God bless you and your family!! xxx

Amanda said...

That is beautiful! He must be a great man of God

*Tanyetta* said...

perfect post :)