Saturday, May 6, 2006

Technology Is Sometimes A Great Blessing

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I know it's been a good while since I've posted a blog. I guess it's because I do so much writing in my calling to the ministry like, writing several Bible lessons a week, newsletters, important letters, devotionals, etc... so much so that to sit down and do more in my spare time is sometimes not exactly what I want to do. But this morning, I'm in the mood to do it.

I've just finished listening to one of the great Bible teachers of our day, Dr. John MacArthur, pastor of Grace Community Church. He has a international radio ministry called "Grace to You." Now, I can't get his particular program on any radio station around here, but I can go online and listen to the current one or any archived program I want to. And what is so cool is that it hasn't been that long ago when that was not possible. I mean how many believers in Christ would have loved to be discipled and taught by one of the greatest Bible teachers of our time, but couldn't because the technology was simply not there. Not too many years ago, the only people who would have been blessed by his exposition of God's word would have been the ones sitting in his church week after week. But now, believers all over the world can benefit from it with simply a computer and an internet connection. I know there are some who are very suspicious about technology and who are very afraid of the evil that it might bring. But just as any technology can be used for great evil, it can also be used for great good as well. So, I praise God and thank Him for such advancements.

If you would like to listen to Dr. MacArthur, just go to...
www.gty.org and click on the "broadcasts" tab, or just go to...
http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/grace_to_you/

1 comment:

Mike Perrigoue said...

I hear you, man! The internet has been a real blessing to me as well. My favorites are MacArthur, Piper, Sproul, Dever, Begg, and Horton. I can get 3 of these guys on radio out here, but never at a convenient time of the day.