Saturday, March 8, 2008

Why I Love Jesus

In eternity past, for some reason beyond my understanding, the Lord God chose me for Himself and set His love upon me.

Before I could even reply, God had chosen me and had set His love upon me.

Even after I had come of age, and I chose to live in rebellion and wickedness, God had chosen me and had set His love upon me.

Yet even after I was knowledgeable and had great understanding of His kindness, love, mercy, and grace, at times I still willfully chose to scorn Him, to live in rebellion, to spurn the grace and blood of Jesus Christ... yet God had chosen me and had set His love upon me.

I am the man I am today for one simple reason... God the Father set His love upon me. I am who I am because of the unbelievable and unimaginable grace of Almighty God!!

And this is why I love Jesus!!

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,  just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved."

Ephesians 1:3-6

2 comments:

gorethoughts said...

I don't know why God chose me, but he did and I am grateful. God is all knowing...and I have learned to leave it there. My human mind is not able to understand all of what he does and why, but He knows. I am seeing more each day that some people will never know God nor care to know Him. We just have to look for those that have open hearts!

Jenny said...

I grew up in a non christian family and realized at a young age that God had chosen me to be different. I didn't quite understand it then but I knew HE made me different. Now looking back, I stand in complete awe of the fact that HE chose me and I've done nothing to deserve that.