Friday, January 2, 2009

A Reminder for 2009 About Why I AM Here

The Apostle Paul wrote to his young son in the faith, Timothy, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit in 2 Timothy 2:2, "the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also."

This is basically just Paul's way of restating the Great Commission of Jesus Christ found in Matthew 28:18-20. And it is a reminder for me concerning my purpose for living in 2009. This is what God has created me, saved me, and called me for... that I may take the things I have heard and learned from Him and committ these truths about God to other faithful men who will not only grow themselves to be closer and better disciples in 2009, but that they will eventually in turn teach others the things that they have learned.

Why am I here? To glorify the Lord God by doing everything in my power to make disciples of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

Happy New Year and "God bless us, everyone!" - Tiny Tim.

1 comment:

gorethoughts said...

I agree, and that is why I teach. Most of all that is why we train our children.

The question I ask myself and feel strongly compelled to ask others, "What is your vision to fulfill the great comission?"