Sunday, July 8, 2007

My New Flock

Well, it has been a long time since I posted a blog. I think the last one was in March. Nobody is probably even reading it anymore since I've been so unfaithful to keep it going. And I'm not sure why I'm writing this one except for the reason that I have reached an extremely momentous occasion in my life. And that occasion is, I will soon be moving to a small town in eastern NC where God has given me the privilege of serving as Senior Pastor for the first time in my life.



I can scarcely believe that the Lord God would entrust such an extremely responsible position to me, but the church voted today, and God spoke loud and clear through His people. Normally, a pastor would like to have 3/4 majority or at least 2/3 majority to consider accepting a call to a church. But today 98 members cast a vote, and for the first time in their history, the church voted 100% to call their pastor. I was simply overwhelmed and stunned silent, and I know... I KNOW it is only by the grace of Almighty God that this so. I'm extremly excited to get started in this new ministry, and I believe with all my heart that God has great things in store for our church.

This is a picture of where the church meets.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

6 comments:

Drea said...

oh and I meant SANITY hehe

Drea said...

Hey Babe, Glad your blogging again.. but for my sainity ;-) Id take out the town we will be in (since it is smaller!) and the name of the church... there are psyco's out there and I wouldnt want any of them finding us and hurting our family! You can never been to careful.

OMH said...

PRAISE GOD! I'm glad that he showed you the path to follow so clearly.

May God hold you and your family firmly in his hand as you take these new steps!

Keep us posted and know a stranger that met you in cyberspace is praying for your ministry and you and your family daily. May God continue to BLESS!

Travis or P.T. said...

oldmother...
Thank you so much for the prayers; I need everyone! May God continue to bless you and your family!

RockinMom said...

Congrats!

Stacey said...

That's so awesome!! God sure spoke loud and clear this time.